Disc Brake Service
A regular maintenance Disc Brake Service should be carried out once a year.
The benefit to this service is, longer brake pad life, more reliable and accurate brake action, less chance of needing unplanned or unscheduled repairs.
The details of this service are:
- Road test vehicle, taking note of pedal travel and effort required to stop vehicle, brake pulsation (at high speed and low speed), steering change (pulling), antilock function and unusual noises.
- Remove and inspect brake pads
- Sand face of pad to remove surface contamination
- Clean pad degas slots of debris and contaminate build up
- Inspect brake rotors for excess rust, cracks, hot spots and other deformities
- Remove excess rust from brake rotor edges.
- Clean caliper slides and re-lubricate using silicone grease
- Clean behind abutment clips and apply anti-corrosion treatment
- Verify correct fit of brake pads to caliper supports
- Reassemble brake assembly with new thread locking compound
- Reinstall and torque wheels
- Verify level of brake fluid
- Road test, bed pads back into brake rotors, verify correct brake operation is restored